DK Books & Leveled Readers
National Geographic Books
Unparalleled in scope and quality and designed for reading aloud and sharing, this splendid anthology brings together some of the most memorable and beloved children's books of our time. Here are classics such as Madeline and Curious George; contemporary bestsellers such as Guess How Much I Love You and The Stinky Cheese Man; Caldecott Medal winners such as Make Way for Ducklings and Where the Wild Things Are; and family favorites such as Goodnight Moon, The Sneetches, Winnie-the-Pooh, and Alexander & The Terrible, No Good Very Bad Day.
Scheduled in Jr Kindergarten (PreK) Lesson Plans
What your First Grader Needs to Know
by ED Hirsch
A spine textbook that covers every subject for Grade 1.
• Favorite poems—old and new, such as “The Owl and the Pussycat,” “Wynken, Blynken, and Nod,” and “Thirty Days Hath September”
• Beloved stories—from many times and lands, including a selection of Aesop’s fables, “Hansel and Gretel,” “All Stories Are Anansi’s,” “The Tale of Peter Rabbit,” and more
• Familiar sayings and phrases—such as “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you” and “Practice makes perfect”
• World and American history and geography—take a trip down the Nile with King Tut and learn about the early days of our country, including the story of Jamestown, the Pilgrims, and the American Revolution
• Visual arts—fun activities plus full-color reproductions of masterworks by Leonardo da Vinci, Vincent van Gogh, Paul Cézanne, Georgia O’Keeffe, and others
• Music—engaging introductions to great composers and music, including classical music, opera, and jazz, as well as a selection of favorite children’s songs
• Math—a variety of activities to help your child learn to count, add and subtract, solve problems, recognize geometrical shapes and patterns, and learn about telling time
• Science—interesting discussions of living things and their habitats, the human body, the states of matter, electricity, our solar system, and what’s inside the earth, plus stories of famous scientists such as Thomas Edison and Louis Pasteur.
Scheduled in Grade 1 lesson plans.
DK Children Just Like Me
Highlighting 36 different countries, Children Just Like Me profiles 44 children and their daily lives. From rural farms to busy cities to riverboats, this celebration of children around the world shows the many ways children are different and the many ways they are the same, no matter where they live.
Scheduled in Grade 2 Social Studies as well as Geo-Tour II Lesson plans.
What was the Wild West?
The west was at its wildest from 1865 to 1895, when territories west of the Mississippi River remained untamed and lawless. Famous for cowboys, American Indians, lawmen, gunslingers, pioneers, and prospectors, this period in US history captures the imagination of all kids and now is brought vividly to life.
Scheduled in Grade 2 Social Studies.
Click here to Buy
Learn everything there is know about bees in Amazing Bees! From buzzing to different flowers to being a vital part of the earth's ecosystem, bees are very busy creatures.
Discover what makes bees so special and find out how we can help them in Amazing Bees.
Click Here to Buy
Kids will learn all about these tranquil and mysterious animals through brilliant photography and illustrations, plus the trusted and distinctive content you love from NG Kids!
Click Here to Buy
Big Fantastic Earth
Discover the earth's most amazing natural wonders in Big Fantastic Earth!
Scheduled In Geo-Tour II
Spiders and other Deadly Animals
What are the most deadly animals in the world and where do they live? Find out in Spiders and Other Deadly Animals!
Learn about the animals that can kill us through life-threatening true stories! Filled with amazing photography and clear text, Spiders and Other Deadly Animals is a fascinating look at the world's scariest animals.
DK How to Be Good at Science
A beautifully illustrated book for discovering science!
Scheduled in Grade 4 and Grade 5 science lesson plans.
DK Did you Know?
Inquisitive young minds tend to have a never-ending curiosity about the world around them. This book focuses on what they really want to know about nature, science, history, and more, putting things in easy to understand question and answer format.
Scheduled in Grade 3 science lesson plans.
DK How Science Works
another great DK spine book for science. Full color illustrated to make learning science enjoyable but at a higher level.
Scheduled in Level 7 science guide.
DK Maker Lab
28 Super Cool Projects
Enjoy!! Full color glossy pages full of projects.
Scheduled in Grade 7 science
Maker Lab Outdoors takes kids on a journey to better understand the world of science that will keep the whole family curiously experimenting for hours.
Click Here to Buy
DK: American History A Visual Encyclopedia
Get the background on the Battle of Yorktown and discover what started the American Revolution. Learn the legends of the Wild West. Relive the atmosphere of the "Roaring Twenties." Covering everything from the cultures of the first Native Americans right up to the events of the present day, American History: A Visual Encyclopedia is the ultimate reference tool for exploring the history of one of the most remarkable nations in the world.
Created in collaboration with the Smithsonian Institution, American History: A Visual Encyclopedia gives detailed historical information and brings it to life with more than 750 photographs and paintings, plus extensive maps, charts, and state-specific information. Each double-page spread focuses on one aspect of the nation's history, be it the Civil War or civil rights, the Great Depression or the Moon landing. Complete texts of the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution are included in the book for easy reference for classroom work or reports.
Scheduled in Grade 5 and Grade 9 Lesson plans.
DK Children's Illustrated Encyclopedia
Ideal for projects, or just for fun, this fact-filled kids' book of general knowledge features bite-size chunks on the Arctic and Aztecs, X-rays and zoos, plus everything in between. From glaciers, insects, and myths to scientists, space missions and world wars, this comprehensive encyclopedia is brimming with topics to wow young readers.
DK's Children's Illustrated Encyclopedia brings history, nature, geography, and science to life with a clear, child-friendly style and more than 3,000 illustrations, photos, cut-aways, and maps. It has been fully updated to include all the latest political, social, and cultural events as well as scientific breakthroughs.
Scheduled spine book for Geo-Tour II program