Evan-Moor Write a Super Sentence Grades 1-3
Help your students strengthen their sentence-writing skills. Step-by-step directions guide students through the process of writing who, what, where, and when words and phrases. Students tap into their creative side in order to brainstorm articles, adjectives, nouns, adverbs, and verbs that make their sentences shine.
- Step 1: Brainstorming
- Students start with a simple sentence then brainstorm ideas for adding who, what, where, and when words and phrases, as well as describing words. A transparency of the super sentence organizer helps you lead the class.
- Step 2: Oral Sentences
- As students add more details to their sentences, they practice reading their new super sentences aloud. While trying out different combinations of descriptive words and phrases, students become actively involved in the writing process and gain a better understanding of the parts of a sentence.
- Step 3: Sentence Writing
- Now that they're full of ideas, students can begin to write their own sentences. Writing forms with fun illustrations motivate students to form super sentences. They can piece together the words and phrases from the brainstorming activity, or come up with words and phrases of their own.
- Step 4: Proof and Correct
- Students are encouraged to self-edit by reading their work aloud.
Grades 1-3 Teacher Reproducible book