Evan-Moor History Pockets Ancient Civilizations Teacher Reproducible
History Pockets—Ancient Civilizations,Grades 1–3, contains seven discovery pockets. An introduction pocket gives an overview of the time periods studied. The other pockets focus on the food, shelter, clothing, and contributions of six ancient worlds.
Each of the pockets contains:
- a reproducible pocket label
- four picture dictionary words
- a fact sheet of background information for the teacher
- a reproducible student information booklet complete with illustrations
- a postcard of a famous monument
- two puppets to show the clothing
- arts and crafts projects
- writing activities
As a culminating activity, the students put together a passport of all the places they have visited. This passport gives students a chance to reflect on all they have learned.