More StoryTime Treasures Student & Teacher set
Grade 1- Semester Two
This follow-up to StoryTime Treasures will continue to increase your child’s vocabulary, reading comprehension, and grammar skills through the study of seven more classic readers.
More StoryTime Treasures Set is designed to follow the introduction to our varied literature reading program, StoryTime Treasures with this continuation, students gain the valuable, needed practice honing their phonics skills and decoding skills with the characters and story lines of select classics. It takes much practice and phonetic support in first grade for the student to become a fluent reader. With information provided in the More StoryTime Treasures Teacher Guide, students will have practice with the phonics needed to read the text. All phonetic support to aid in student success is included within the More StoryTime Treasures Teacher Guide. The covered preparatory skills are not for mastery learning but rather exposure to the more advanced phonograms students are seeing in their literature. We continue to introduce advanced phonograms to keep reading progressing. See a Sample
NOTE the Teacher Guide in this program also schedules Classical Phonics and Phonics Flashcards both by Memoria Press and sold on this website to help your student to learn to read fluently.
This set includes:
- Billy and Blaze by C.W. Anderson
- Blaze and the Forest Fire by C.W. Anderson
- The Story About Ping by Marjorie Flack and Kurt Wiese
- Keep the Lights Burning, Abbie by Peter and Connie Roop
- Stone Soup by Marcia Brown
- The Little House by Virginia Lee Burton
- Miss Rumphius by Barbara Cooney
- More Storytime Treasures Student Guide
- More Storytime Treasures Teacher Guide